Tuesday 14 January 2014

Review: Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

Cleanser, foaming cleanser

The Clarisonic Mia 2 recommends using a foaming cleanser for best results, so I decided to pick up Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser after being really impressed with some of their other skin care.

Clinique's Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser is described as being suitable for all skin types and claims to "effectively remove long-wearing makeup and sunscreen quickly and gently". Clinique also says that skin is left feeling "moist, clean, and fresh". I'm sorry to say that I couldn't disagree more. I really don't like this cleanser. It merely seems to smudge make up around my face and I really have to rub to get rid of it. If it happens to get near my eyes, it really stings (and I get plenty of other cleansers in my eyes without this issue).

Cleanser, foaming cleanser

The cleanser both smells and feels like a cheap bar of soap. Once I've rinsed it off, my face is left with the dry texture you'd get if you had just washed your face with said cheap soap. I know foaming cleanser can be drying in general, but with its description of being moisturising and my Clarisonic foaming cleanser leaving me feeling positively refreshed, I thought this cleanser would do the same. It does not.

At a hefty £17 for 150ml, I think it's needless to say I will not be re-purchasing this cleanser in the future.

Have you tried this cleanser? Did you have any better results?

No comments:

Post a Comment