Monday 13 May 2013

Confessions of a Concealaholic by Benefit

concealer benefit conceahaholic erase paste boi-ing that gal primer lemon aidAlways on the hunt for something to help with one of my top beauty concerns (dark under eye shadows); I picked up this Confessions of a Concealaholic kit from Benefit after being undecided on which concealer of theirs to try.

I'm super glad I went for this kit rather than just purchasing one individual concealer, particularly as I have found that my favourite product from the kit is something I wasn't even considering buying; Lemon Aid, a colour correcting primer. Although this is advertised as being for your eyelids, I have also been using it under my eyes as the yellow tone really helps counteract any dark/purple tones. I feel that with this primer on, pretty much any concealer would be far more effective.

concealer benefit conceahaholic erase paste boi-ing lemon aid primer that-gal
As for the concealers, I have ultimately concluded that in the future I will continue to purchase both shades of Boi-ing, as I find the two shades can work really well together, initially using the lighter 01 shade on my eyelids, closest to my eye-line and directly on spots, and then using the darker 02 shade to blend the edges of 01 and also for more minor imperfections. Whilst I did find Erase Paste useful for dark shadows, I didn't find it as useful for spots and I found that the cream tended to crease easier than Boi-ing (although it was certainly minor!).

Eye Bright was quite useful for highlighting the inner corner of my eyes and did brighten up the whole area, I have no issues with the product but I'm not sure I'd specifically go out and buy the product by itself and feel like you could probably get a similar effect from a cheaper product.

The kit comes with 2 double-ended brushes, each shaped differently and labelled for the product they're intended for. I found that I only really used the brushes for Erase Paste (because the jar is very small to try and use with your fingers) and Eye Bright because of its precise application.

concealer benefit conceahaholic erase paste boi-ing
Unfortunately I'm yet to use the That Gal primer so I cannot provide a review on that, however I would definitely recommend purchasing this kit for anyone who is concerned about concealing spots, blemishes and dark shadows. The products blend nicely and do not look caked on like some concealers can do. The booklet that comes inside the kit was a nice touch, with mini guides on using each product. I have been using this kit daily for around 2 months now and still have a fair amount of every product left.

What are your favourite concealing products?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment