Saturday 11 January 2014

My 2014 Beauty Wishlist

2014 is in full swing so I've decided to create a wishlist (read checklist) for the beauty products I'm most keen to get my hands on this year.

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation

Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, Nars Sheer Glow


I am always on the hunt for a perfect foundation. What I am always on the hunt for is something that will give fairly good coverage to even out my skin tone and hide minor blemishes whilst being a great match for my pale skin. Typically, even the palest of pale foundations are far too brown/yellow for me, even from the brands that have as many as 20+ shades to choose from! I also aim for a dewy finish that's not too shiny. Matte but dewy - is that even possible?! Anyway, I've heard good things about this Nars Sheer Glow Foundation and it seems to be suitable for pale skin. I will have to give it a try!
Update: Purchased 15/01/2013

Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing brush head


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, Clarisonic, deep pore cleanse

I already have the Clarisonic Mia 2 to attach this on to, and I am now in need of a replacement brush head. I've been told that this Deep Pore Cleansing brush head is not for everyday use, so I'm reluctant to spend £21 on this brush head whilst still needing to spend an additional £21 on a brush head that I CAN use everyday. But I still want it!


Bobbi Brown Brightening Finishing Powder in Porcelain Pearl


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, Bobbi Brown

Pathetic admission: I mainly want this finishing powder just because it LOOKS SO PRETTY! I don't care what it does, it can just sit on my desk looking awesome. But for those who do; "This all-over powder instantly illuminates and gives skin a healthy-looking glow. It's infused with a skin-brightening blend of Mulberry, Grape and Scutellaria extracts, as well as Sodium Hyaluronate (beloved for its moisture magnet-like effect) to help keep skin fresh and smooth looking." So it does sound good too!
Update: Purchased 12/01/2013

Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, curly hair, curls

I wear my hair straight way too often. I'd love to try a load of different styles, but I suck at styling my hair and I just don't have the patience for it. So that's why the Babyliss Pro Perfect Curl seems like the perfect solution for me. It draws your hair up into the ceramic curl chamber where it's heated from all directions, resulting in perfect curls. Seriously, if you haven't seen a video of this working yet, you MUST!


HD Brows


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, eyebrows, HD brows

I overplucked as a teenage goth girl, leaving me with sparse eyebrows that just haven't grown back much over the last 5 years. As a pale blonde, I really struggle finding a decent colour to fill my eyebrows in with; they're always too dark or too orange. Infact I think the best colour match I've found was actually an eyeliner in 'khaki'! I've seen some fairly decent HD Brows results on a few blonde girls and I'd love to get mine done. If any fellow blondies can recommend a London salon I'd love to hear from you!


Ying Yu Jade Facial Roller


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, jade roller

I saw a highly favourable blog post about this Ying Yu Jade Facial Roller many moons ago (but I failed to save the link sorry!) and it's been on my wishlist ever since. The idea of massaging jade all over my face seems deeply luxurious and I must try it!


Sugarpill Pro Palette


Wishlist, wish list, beauty wishlist, 2014, sugarpill eyeshadow

Now this really is something I have to wish for, as I can't find it for sale anywhere, not even an American site with some hefty customs fee! On the plus side though you can pick these colours up in their original 4-piece palettes. Sugarpill have been on my to do list for many years with their high pigment eyeshadows.


So have you created a wishlist for 2014? Link me to it so I can check if I'm missing any vital products from my list ;)

1 comment: