Monday 15 July 2013

Hair Care Favourites

I thought I'd go through some of my favourite hair care products that I've started using in the last year or so. From left to right they are: Lee Stafford: Bleach Blonde Shampoo, Lee Stafford: Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length, milk_shake: Conditioning Whipped Cream, Macadamia: Deep Repair Masque, Orofluido: Beauty Elixir.

hair blonde contioning damaged hair repair masque macadamia dry

Lee Stafford: Bleach Blonde Shampoo

So, to start, the Lee Stafford: Bleach Blonde Shampoo is probably the product here with the quickest, most noticeable result. It's a very deep, rich purple toning shampoo that really helps to get rid of the copper-yellow tones I get from dyeing my hair platinum blonde. I do tend to leave this in for a little while until I visually get the shade I'm after! I'd recommend you regularly check on your hair if you decide leave it in! It can be quite messy to use due to its very dark colour, definitely be careful around fabrics! I wouldn't say it was particularly conditioning or an amazing scent, but it does the job of toning my hair to a nice cream shade!

Lee Stafford: Treatment for Hair that Never Grows Past a Certain Length!

Another Lee Stafford product is up next; Treatment For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length. Phew! What a title! I've been using this for longer than the other products, it really does seem to improve the quality of my hair. It's quite a thin hair masque with instructions to leave it in for only 5 minutes between shampooing and conditioning (I'm usually more of a 30 min masque girl). Nevertheless in this time it does a great job of making my hair silky smooth and tangle free.

milk_shake: Conditioning Whipped Cream

Next up, my favourite indulgent product; milk_shake: Conditioning Whipped Cream. I apply this to freshly washed, damp hair before drying and styling. Whilst I can't say it's my favourite leave-in conditioning treatment, what I really love about this is the product itself. It really is just like whipped cream and comes in an adorable spray can. The smell is absolutely delicious too. I just adore running it through my hair! It certainly isn't a bad leave-in conditioner and does not leave my hair greasy afterwards, but I feel it isn't as conditioning as my last product here.

Macadamia: Deep Repair Masque

hair blonde contioning damaged hair repairI've already mentioned the Macadamia: Deep Repair Masque in a past review but it remains a strong favourite of mine when it comes to conditioning my hair. It's a very thick, rich masque and a little goes a very long way. I tend to leave it on for around 30 minutes, after using shampoo, before rinsing. After using this I lose noticeably less hair when I blow-dry and straighten it, and it's left feeling very soft and conditioned. This is definitely my go to product to improve the condition of my bleached hair.

Orofluido: Beauty Elixir

Lastly another leave in hair oil; Orofluido: Beauty Elixir. Again, I've reviewed this product before, but it's such a gorgeous smelling, luxurious golden oil that leaves my hair smooth and healthy without any greasiness. Not only is this oil great, but the packaging is beautiful, both the glass bottle that stores the product and the black and gold box it's packaged in. Like the Macadamia Masque, a little goes a long way, so this product has lasted me months.

Have any of you tried these products before? What are your favourites?

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I've just stumbled across your blog! Its wonderful. Keep up your AMAZING work girl ;)

    Asma xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, really lovely of you to say :)

      Delete