Thursday 22 August 2013

Birchbox & InStyle Summer Nights Cocktail Party

Birchbox Instyle Summer Nights Cocktail Party Invite

As a subscriber to Birchbox, a few weeks ago I received an invitation to a Summer Nights Cocktail party to celebrate their collaboration with InStyle for their latest beauty box. I responded as soon as I saw the mail but unfortunately I was too late and was put on the waiting list. Anyway, the day of the party eventually rolled around and I get an email that afternoon to say a spot has opened for me, so of course I said yes!




It was held in St. Martin's Lane hotel near Covent Garden, the room filled with nail polish and cocktails - definitely my kind of party! They served red and white wine and their own 'Birchini' cocktails, which were fruity and absolutely delicious - you can find the recipe at the end of this post. I got booked in for a manicure with the Pamperpuff Girls, a mobile pampering service. There was a great range of colours and brands to chose from but I eventually settled on the beautiful 'Turned up Turqouise' by China Glaze.

nail polish varnish china glaze OPI Essie Models Own china glaze turned up turquoise nails polish varnish nail

It was great getting to meet a mix of some of the companies that were there and also getting to speak with some fellow beauty lovers and Birchbox subscribers.

Upon leaving I was given a goody (tote) bag, which held a Birchbox beach towel, a copy of InStyle magazine, ColorClub nail polish in 'Reddy or Not' - a vibrant red shade, a bottle of Molten Brown Pink Pepperpod body wash, a bag of Propercorn and lastly a compact mirror. A great match for the Summer Nights theme.
birchbox instyle goodie goody bag tote magazine beauty

Thanks to all involved, I had a really fun evening!

Enjoy a Birchini cocktail:
80ml Zubrowka vodka (bison grass flavoured vodka)
30ml Creme de Mure
30ml Chambord
1/4 lime
2-3 teaspoons of brown sugar
2 crushed blackberries

Add crushed ice. Shake it. Add some soda to top it off and a blackberry to decorate (recipe supplied by Birchbox).

No comments:

Post a Comment