Wednesday 16 October 2013

Review: Aromatherapy Associates Relax Deep Bath & Shower Oil

sleep, aromatherapy, bath, relax, chill

As you may have seen in one of my recent posts, I've been buying and trying a few products designed to help you relax and fall asleep easier. My Google search for a great product eventually led to Aromatherapy Associates' Relax Deep bath & shower oil.


This oil isn't for someone on a tight budget, coming in at £39 a bottle at full price (but I've found it on sale at Beauty Bay at £32.36). Luckily for me I had £10 worth of Birchbox reward points and they emailed me for my birthday with a 20% birthday discount, so I couldn't resist picking it up and the much cheaper cost of £21.20!

The first thing I noticed when it arrived (Birchbox have the cutest packaging by the way!) was how small the bottle was. I had really imagined something much larger but it was around the size of an average perfume bottle(55ml). However the liquid inside is heavily concentrated so hopefully that would make up for it!

sleep, aromatherapy, bath, relax, chill

The bottle itself is lovely, made of matte glass and really looks very beautiful and luxurious. However, concerned my tiny expensive bottle might smash, I keep it locked up in its outer packaging.

The useful thing about this product is that you can use it in the shower as well as a bath. For years I've rented flats with only a shower and it's disappointing to miss out on many relaxing products that are only to be used in the bath. I do have a bath in my new flat however, so I'm making the most of it!

sleep, aromatherapy, bath, relax, chill

The packaging instructs you to either pour one capful of this golden oil into your bath, or you can smooth it directly on to your skin. I was a bit concerned that if I added it straight to my bath the scent may dilute too much, so I opted to apply if directly before dipping into the bath. The bottle is said to hold 20 uses of product, so that's almost £2 per bath at full price!

It's definitely got a strong herbal scent to it which lingers in my bathroom (in a good way!) and makes for a nice, relaxing accompaniment for any bath, but I don't think it's a miracle worker and certainly wouldn't pay anything close to full price for it.

Although I wouldn't say it was a bad product, it just doesn't live up to its price tag and I found that the This Works Dream Team had much better results for making me sleepy, and that was much cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment