Wednesday 6 November 2013

Review: Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner

I've heard so many good things about Liz Earle's ranges, so I decided to place a couple of orders with them in the last few weeks. My 2nd purchase was these Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner.

I have to be honest, their hair care range is not one I've heard much about, but the products they sell really appealed to me. I like that their range sticks to a few core products, rather than a massive range of confusing choices. Liz Earle keeps it really simple and effective. One shampoo. Three conditioners; catering for normal, dry/damaged and fine/oily hair. This made it super easy to choose what to buy! With my bleached, straightened hair I obviously went for the dry/damaged conditioner.


One thing I really must comment in is the outstanding quality of Liz Earle's online delivery service. In my first order, they went to the effort of welcoming me to the brand with a letter and brochure. They've always arrived on time and are packaged beautifully. Not only that, but they sent an additional Hot Cloth Cleanser mini and muslin cloth with each order, perfect!

Liz Earle says their hair care range "is based on natural plant oils, designed to be as simple as possible". The Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo is suitable for all hair types and contains West African shea butter, natural source vitamin E, shine-boosting apple and orange extracts and naturally derived cleansers. It contains no sodium lauryl/laureth sulphate either. It lathered really well and my hair definitely felt well cleansed after using it.

The Liz Earle Botanical Shine Conditioner for dry or damaged hair includes naturally active ingredients such as West African shea butter to moisturise, yangu oil to help smooth and soften hair, plus apple and orange extracts boost shine.

One thing I have to admit to however is that I'm really not keen on the smell of these products unfortunately. This probably won't be the case for many as it's a citrus scent (presumably down to the orange extract), but I happen to have quite a dislike for this scent. Luckily, I didn't notice my hair retaining this after washing it out, using my usual Orofluido Hair Elixir Oil and drying my hair.

I honestly don't think my hair's ever felt so moisturised before. It really was quite amazing. It would probably be too much for anyone with naturally quite oily hair, but then Liz Earle cater for that with a different conditioner.

Now, on to the best bit! The shampoo and condioner come in at only £8.75 each for a 200ml tube of product. I honestly would have expected these to cost far more money and are the cheapest shampoo and conditioner duo I've bought all year!

3 comments:

  1. Like you I wouldn't have thought of Liz Earle when it comes to hair care, but it was great to hear that the products were so good and affordable. I might give these a go since they're definitely cheaper than Kérastase and B&B. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didn't really know they even did hair care and I definitely expected to be paying a lot more. Very pleased. I'll still use my B&B oil and my Redken Extreme protein range but this will definitely be a regular in my routine now and providing me with the moisture I need to balance out the protein masques.

      Delete
  2. I do like their shampoo but I am in love with their conditioner, my hair has never felt so soft too! The dry/damaged conditioner is my favourite out of them all, good choice :) xx

    ReplyDelete