Thursday 16 January 2014

Review: Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream

Origins, GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, dark shadows, eye, eye cream,

I purchased Origins GinZing Refreshing eye cream after seeing it featured in a magazine a while back for really helping to get rid of dark circles. On top of this, it's won awards, including Company's #bbloggerapproved Beauty Awards. So it must be great right? Well I've used almost a whole jar now (that's a long time of use!) usually applying in the morning and the night. Eh, I haven't been impressed really.

Origins say "GinZing eye cream helps to reduce the look of dark circles. Unsightly bags and puffiness seem less visible. And Origins proprietary complex of Caffeine from Coffee bean, Panax Ginseng, Magnolia Extract and natural optic brighteners rapidly wakes up, refreshes and restores radiance to tired eyes."

Origins, GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream, dark shadows, eye, eye cream,

It certainly sounds great, but I just haven't noticed a difference. I don't really have puffiness or bags, so I can't really comment on its effectiveness there, but it doesn't make any impact on my dark shadows, which is one of my biggest concerns. It has quite a thick consistency as eye creams go, making it feel a little more luxurious and I will say it does sink in well, but it's nothing special for me and not worth the £23 price tag. Honestly I'm just not sure any eye cream will ever get rid of dark circles if you have always just have them naturally, I think they can only be masked by colour correctors and concealers.

Would I re-purchase? Unlikely. It's not a terrible cream, but I'd rather check out what else the market has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely recommend either the Kiehl's Avocado Treatment or the Estée Lauder Resilience lift eye cream - they are both wonderful :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thanks for the tips! I've heard good things about Kiehl's eye products, I'll have to pay them a visit I reckon! xx

      Delete