Monday 21 January 2013

Nails, Nails, Nails!

So, I went a little nail varnish crazy the other day and bought loads of new colours from a few different brands, so here's a review of the ones I've used so far.


Nubar holographic blue nail polish varnishFirst up is this holographic blue ('Absolute') by Nubar. I really love my silver holographic varnish by Gosh and wanted to try out another colour, but as the Gosh one can be difficult to apply and I couldn't find a blue shade by Gosh anyway, I tried this one by Nubar.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with it. It took more coats than I was expecting (about 4!) and even then it was more glittery than holographic. It was also the first to chip out of all the varnishes I tried. I don't think I'd buy from Nubar's holographic range again.


Nubar glitter top coat nail varnish polishI also tried another Nubar varnish; this black varnish with silver glitter ('2010 Glitter Top Coat'). This polish definitely needs a black (or other dark shade) as a base coat first, as the black in this polish is very washed out.

Although this left quite a pretty result, I think I'd just buy a plain silver glitter polish next time, then I could use it over any colour, not just black.



China glaze pastel pink nail varnish polishMy favourite of the ones I've tried is this pale pink ('Something Sweet') by China glaze.

It took a couple of coats to get full coverage, but the end result was very smooth, shiny and polished. I also found it very hard wearing, taking longer to chip than any of the other polishes I used. Will definitely be buying some more shades by China Glaze!




Essie Body Language off-white grey cream nail varnish polishEssie's grey-cream shade ('Body Language') came a close second to the  China Glaze, needing an extra coat, but the end result was a similar, glossy opaque effect.

Again the chipping was fairly minimal, only a tiny amount after 24 hours. Would definitely be happy to buy from Essie again, although China Glaze wins it for me.

I've heard a lot of good things about OPI's nail varnishes, which I've yet to try, so I'm wondering how people find it compared to China Glaze? Let me know!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment